Skip to main content

Websides for learning English





So, we’ve been given a list of links to interesting learning pages and we were supposed to go through them and write a comment on some of them.



LISTENING
Listening practice always seems as a good thing to do. And I think that these links are really helpful - most of those videos are short, so they don’t get boring and lots of them deals with quite interesting topics. I really fell in love with the BBC Learning English, especially with the series We Say - You Say thanks to which you can meet a great amount of English idioms, which is something I am really interested in. And of course, the best of all is Lyrics Training. I’ve already known this page, I used it a lot when I was in high school, but I haven’t visit it for a long time, so it was great to come back and try to go through some song lyrics word by word again.

GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
I’ve been through lots of pages like this when I was trying to practice my English in high school. And yes, I’ve already known some of those we’ve been given in the list. My favourite is – or at least used to be – Help for English, because as a high school student I appreciated that it was in Czech and I could read about grammar in a language I hundred percent understand. A great one is also English Page with all those tests to practice your skills. And Youtube channels dealing with grammar and vocabulary I find extremely useful in general.


I was also supposed to list my favourite sites I use which weren’t mentioned, but I’m afraid that will be a little problem. I was going to write about Quizlet and Lyrics Training, but they were already mentioned. I’m afraid I don’t have any other favourite sites… at least as far as I can remember now.
However, there’s another way how to train your English skills which I quite enjoy. Mobile games. 😊 I mean those which makes you create English words out of a limited number of letter which you are given. I personally love Pixwords and also Spellspire is quite good. However, there are loads of them on Google Play. 😊




Comments