I’m going
to share with you my comment on an article about online courses.
I knew that
something like online courses exists, but honestly, I've never cared much. I always
thought that online courses wouldn’t be exactly my cup of tea and after reading
this article, which informs you what does it mean to be a good online student,
I became pretty sure about it. I think I just wouldn’t enjoy studying without
actually attending the real class with my classmates – with my friends. To
communicate through writing was never a problem for me but it’s not like
meeting the people face to face, and to hear the instructor explaining the topics
of the course personally. It’s maybe quite old-fashioned attitude but I never
was a fan of these online sort of things. However, I’m sure there are people
who are okay with this online concept and maybe it’s even easier for them to deal
with all those requirements through their computers.
Nevertheless,
I think that there are some qualities
expected from an online student as well as from a traditional student. For example
self-motivation and self-discipline. It is true that online courses require them
a bit more because students don’t attend class to keep up, they have to be responsible
enough to do all their tasks on time without somebody pushing them, reminding
them about them every day. Me myself would have quite problem to manage this,
because even as a traditional student, I leave each long-term task to the last
minute (this blog including. :D). So I’m
quite sure I’d be a terrible online student.
Other qualities
that I think are expected from both traditional and online student is to be willing
to speak up when any problem appears, and also to have access to a computer, because
– be honest – students nowadays just can’t do without computers and Internet.
Lot’s of study materials are online, as well as STAG and so on.

Comments
Post a Comment